The below recipe is both easy and delicious! My little guy loves helping out with this in the kitchen. I do make one small modification to the below recipe. I mash up a ripe avocado and use that instead of coconut oil. Enjoy!
Healthier Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, or coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 375F, and grease an 8″ spring-form pan generously with coconut oil or butter.
- Melt the baking chocolate and butter together, stirring until completely smooth. (You can use a double-boiler for this, but I prefer to simply throw the chocolate into an oven-safe bowl, and melt it in the oven for about 4-5 minutes.)
- Combine the melted chocolate/butter with the cocoa powder, honey, and eggs, then whisk well until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes, until the center looks firm. Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove the sides (this is why I like using the spring-form pan!) and allow to cool completely before serving.
Wednesday, 6 September 2017 5:01 PM